Gossip Girl: Upper East Siders, it has come to this Gossip Girl’s attention that some new faces are joining the reboot on HBO Max. Here is the lowdown on the upcoming series – XOXO. Gossip Girl.
- The former CW series is slated to have 10 new episodes.
- The series will air on HBO Max in May.
- The setting will be the same: The Constance Billard School for Girls.
- The series will talk about the original characters even if they don’t appear. Fans will get updates on what they have been up to.
- It will be produced by the original creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. They both worked on Nancy Drew and The Runaways while Schwartz scripted the highly popular The O.C . series as well as The Runaways and the new Dynasty.
- Kristen Bell is returning as the narrator.
The leads are:
Emily Alyn Lind
She was Snakebite Andi in Stephen King’s Doctor Sleep, Ariel in Code Black, Melanie in the Netflix’s horror movie The Babysitter and Amanda Clarke in Revenge. She is 18 and has been acting since the age of six. Her first role was Young Lily in 2008’s The Secret Life of Bees.
A veteran actor and comedian, Johnathan has been in the business for 20 years. Some of his credits include the television series Younger, Frohnson & Frohnson, Bull and Lethal Weapon where he played Bernard Scorsese.
He is relatively new as well. He was Dave in the Netflix series Spinning Out and Dylan Walker in Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists.
She is also relatively new to Hollywood. She starred as Judith in the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and had a small role in iZombie as a student. Her mother is African and her father is Canadian. She also appeared in the film Molly’s Game as Stella.
His movie and TV resume is pretty thin with TV movie Peter Pan Live! being his only big name credit. He was a part of Broadway’s Bring It On and Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark though.
Top Photo: Michelle Trachtenberg, Penn Badgley, Leighton Meester, Chace Crawford, and Ed Westwick in Gossip Girl. Courtesy: The CW Network.